I’m writing an app using the AppMap component but I can’t get it to work together with the location services on my phone. I tried both real deployment and via the Felgo Live app. I also tried it using a PositionSource but that one doesn’t work either.
Here are the details about my environment:
- Windows 7 with Felgo 2.16 (same problem with 2.15)
- macOS Sierra with Felgo 2.15 (still need to upgrade)
- iPhone 5S with iOS 11.3 (same problem with 10.2) and Felgo Live 2.16 (same problem with 2.15) and location services enabled
Here are some settings and resulting values when running my app:
- AppMap.enableUserPosition = true
- AppMap.showUserPosition = true
- AppMap.userPositionAvailable = false
- PositionSource.valid = true
- PositionSource.active = false (even though I explicitly set it to true)
- PositionSource.sourceError = NoError
- PositionSource.supportedPositioningMethods = AllPositioningMethods
- ios/Project-Info.plist contains both NSLocationWhenInUseUsageDescription and NSLocationAlwaysAndWhenInUseUsageDescription
- The iOS location services never list my deployed app as ever having requested access
- The app never triggers the display of the location services arrow while opening Google Maps would. Everything works fine in the latter.
Then I tried to test standard examples but none of them work:
- The Felgo Maps example via the Felgo Live app
- The Qt geoflickr example, modified to use Felgo via the Felgo Live app
- The example from https://felgo.com/doc/apps-howtos/#show-user-position via ‘Run this example’ and the Felgo Live app
A final weird thing to note: The Felgo Live app is shown in the list of apps that requested location services but when I click on it, it only shows ‘Never (unchecked). If I then click on Never, go back and then click on Felgo Live again, it shows all three options. I then click ‘Always’. I have already reinstalled it.
At this point I don’t know what to try next. Any help would be really appreciated.
Thanks and regards,