Hi & sorry for the noob question but i don’t understand how the multiplayers works.
I aim to build a multiplayer card game that will need to be somehow connected to a website in which users accumulate points they will be able to play in the game – they’ll download the game from the site to install it & from there they shall click links on the site to open/join a game/room/lobby (some mycardgame:// links with some parameters to id them, the game etc they join – and with the open links in app rule added on browsers by the client install).
i could be wrong cause i’m a noob with qt but I’m pretty confident all this is possible with qt but what about with v-play ?… Could you confirm
- is there a need of a server to manage the multiplayer or can it p2p/decentralised ?
- if server needed can I host it myself or do I have to go through v-play servers ?
- if vplay server do you provide api/tools (for example to add the points the user will have on the website to his vplay server account & reciprocally, game details stats…) ? & then i guess you’re charging something for the server ?
- what about the card dealing ? done from the client only (the master of the game created ? i guess i can implement a rotation ? but would it be secure from a smart guy (can he find how to change the dealing part in his instance to get all the good cards when his client is dealing) ?
- what about playing mulitple games at the same time (on desktop at least) ? any limitation here ?
thx in advance to help me see more clearly whether vplay is the right path in my case