Forums

OverviewFelgo 2 Support (Qt 5) › Question about 640×480

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Flesh

I noticed all the examples are in 640×480, at first I thought it was a limitation for Games, but can not find out the real reason for this, I ask because I am writing an app and I need to either decrease my font size, or increase the height to closer to 500, and was wondering if this will impact other devices. I am talking about the QML designer screen just to be clear, but on the main screen the content goes off screen and I have to resize the window to see it, not possible on a smart phone, so not sure how to design screens that are taller than the display.

Thanks

Günther
    Felgo Team

Hi Jeff,

the setting of 640×480 is simply the default window size. On actual devices, the GameWindow will always fill the whole screen and use different values.

For games, it is common to use “content-scaling” to provide the same user-experience across different devices and screen sizes.

You can find more information in this tutorial: https://felgo.com/doc/felgo-different-screen-sizes/

For apps, it is common to use density-independent layouts: https://felgo.com/doc/apps-supporting-multiple-screens-and-screen-densities/

If desired, you can also combine both approaches in your Felgo apps or games.

Best,
    Günther

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

RSS feed for this thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Voted #1 for:

• Easiest to learn
  • Most time saving
  • Best support

Develop Cross-Platform Apps and Games 50% Faster!

• Voted the best supported, most time-saving and easiest to learn cross-platform development tool
  • Based on the Qt framework, with native performance and appearance on all platforms including iOS and Android
  • Offers a variety of plugins to monetize, analyze and engage users
FREE!
create apps
create games
cross platform
native performance
3rd party services
game network
multiplayer
level editor
easiest to learn
biggest time saving